Authors & bookstore
Bruce Batchelor – Publisher, Editor, Marketing Expert
- publisher at Agio Publishing House
- author of regional and national bestsellers: on canoe routes, Yukon lifestyle and book marketing
- accomplished editor: books, a consumer health magazine, corporate reports, technical manuals
- inventor of print-on-demand (POD) based publishing, founder of Trafford Publishing in 1995; publisher to over 9,000 authors from over 100 countries during 11 years as Trafford's publisher and CEO
- currently orchestrating a green/social engineering initiative called CloseCommute.com, with a mission to improve commuting efficiency in cities around the world.
- management consultant: as president of Trelawny Consulting Group Ltd., Bruce advises government groups, non-profits, publishing companies and hi-tech start-ups on marketing, communications and strategic planning
- book marketing expert: author of the Book Marketing DeMystified
- presenter at Canadian Centre for Studies in Publishing (Simon Fraser University), University of Victoria School of Business, Atlantic Publishers Marketing Association, Association of Canadian Publishers and international writers conferences; former instructor at Georgian College
- appointed Quantum Shift Fellow at Richard Ivey School of Business at University of Western Ontario in 2006; finalist for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award; recipient of an Award of Excellence from The Financial Post; recognized by Profit Magazine as CEO of Canada's 5th fastest growing company
- loves playing soccer, being with Marsha and their son Dan, fishing, writing, house and cottage renovations, singing bass in the Gettin' Higher Choir, taking yoga classes at Hemma, and taking walks to the ocean. Attended Burning Man Art Festival in 2013. Spent five weeks in Nepal in November-December 2014, mostly in the remote Tsum Valley, known as the 'Hidden Valley of Happiness' - what a blessing that was!
Marsha Batchelor – Graphic Designer
(photo at right with brother Stewart McGillis)
To see samples of Marsha's artwork and designs, you are invited to go to Marsha Batchelor Art & Design Samples.
- illustrator and author (with Dan Batchelor's photographs) of Just Passing Through: an alphabet book of thoughts to perhaps perceive life in a new way, featuring art, collage and photography - a motivational self-help book about power, success, secrets and changing your mind;
- has designed more than 1,000 books and magazine issues during her 25+ year career in publishing
- known for simple, elegant design: the cover and interior layout is always customized to suit the book's content and intent
- multiple-award-winner for design effectiveness: trade show display exhibits, brochures, magazine and book layouts, advertising campaigns and fundraising programs
- before training at Georgian College to become a graphic designer, Marsha studied Wildland Recreation Management for two years at Selkirk College in Castlegar, BC, and Home Economics at Long Beach College, California
- she has worked as a forest fire tower lookout person, park ranger (in charge of the Bugaboos Provincial Park), Katimavik youth group leader in Northern BC and Labrador
- paints decorative and functional floorcloths (featured in Chatelaine magazine)
- has a passion for house renovation and interior design
- loves outdoor activities – camping, walking, gardening, kayaking
- creates abstract paintings - had a successful showing at Dales Gallery with brother Stew in March/April 2014.